Top o’ the morning to ya!
I’ll get right into the meat of this post, which is my collection of random thoughts and musings. Because…
…with the lovely Amanda!
1. None of you need to hear another word about how flippin’ cold it is in North America, but can we just look at how dangerous this is?? I’m telling you— we should have had an ice day off of school.
My friend tweeted this on Monday because we didn’t know our school installed a new ice rink.
2. In biology class, we’re studying ecology, so we took a quiz to take a look at how we’re really making a footprint. Apparently, if everyone in the world lived like me, we would need 5.5 Earths. Whaaaat?
Services (electricity, water, etc.) are not surprisingly the biggest part of my footprint, and of course food takes second place. My family and I really do our best to be green, but we’re also not super strict about anything. My class also figured out that just living in the United States rather than other countries increases energy use. America goes big or goes….nowhere. If you want to take the quiz, click to this link! It’s quite interesting and eye-opening to see how much energy we humans actually use (sometimes unnecessarily).
3. I was jumping up and down and smiling ear to ear when Ben FaceTimed us!
He might argue, but I think he misses us.
4. I’ve basically been bathing in cocoa butter for the past three or four mornings and nights to treat my unsightly dry hands and feet. I’m definitely noticing a bit of a difference, but my naturally dry skin and the mercilessly cold air is making baby soft hands quite difficult to achieve.
5. I have a question about cars and cold weather. Last thing relating to the weather, I promise. Are you supposed to let the car wait for a few minutes after starting up the car so the engine can warm up? Some people say that the engine should have time to warm up, but others start driving right away. I’ve only recently tried waiting for 2-3 minutes when it has been really cold out, but if I don’t have to, I won’t. What do you do? I guess I could Google this, but I trust you guys more. Especially my Canadians out there!
6. A couple nights ago, I had another one of those frozen yogurt cups, and I thought the little message on top went perfectly with my post about current simple joys that day.
7. I really want to have some grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner sometime soon.
Source: Grilled cheese croutons? Even better.
8. We’re doing some weird stuff in physical education nowadays. Like, actually sweating in class. I actually love it (although a bunch of my friends would attack me for saying that) because we’re doing circuits with lots of plyometric movements, which are my favorite! Jumping jacks, lunges, burpees(!), pushups, sit-ups, etc. It’s really not that intense since we take longer breaks and laugh at each other half the time, but for phys. ed., it’s a lot.
Also, we have this random homework assignment to make a travel brochure. Don’t ask me why. The project has nothing to do with physical education and I think they just need some grades to put in the books. Guatever.
9. I’m gonna end here on awkward #9 and try to hit the sack (typing this Wednesday night)! I hope you all have a great Thursday!
So tell me:
How many Earths do you think you would use up?
How do you keep your skin soft in the winter?
Do you warm up the engine or no?
What foods are you craving right now?